Shared Branching enables Chocolate Bayou members to perform standard financial transactions to their accounts at other credit unions within the Shared Branching network (nationwide and abroad).
The network currently consists of some 4,266 credit union locations across the United States. There are 302 participating locations in Texas and 22 are within a 20-mile radius of Alvin.
For a list of participating credit unions please visit co-opsharedbranch.org/ or dial 800-919-2872.
To conduct a Shared Branch transaction members must provide the following for the credit union they are visiting:
- Valid Photo ID (state-issued driver’s license, state-issued ID, passport or military ID)
- Member Account Number (other credit unions don’t have the ability to look up account numbers)
- Credit Union Name
Standard Transactions include:
- Withdrawals (number and dollar amounts may be limited)
- Balance Inquiries
- Loan Payments
- Print out of the last 10 account transactions
Optional Services (not available at all locations; subject to fees)
- Official or Cashiers Checks
- Travelers Checks
- Money Orders
- Notary Service
- Fax Service
For more information about Chocolate Bayou financial services, please contact us or give us a call at 281.331.2253